- Preseason Watch Lists for the 2013 HoF Annual Awards
- Trent Jackson Memorial Athletic Complex
- Coaching Articles
- HoF Nominations
The preseason watch lists for the 2013 Niagara Track & Field Hall of Fame will be released the week of November 18, 2012.
The following awards will be presented at Niagara Track & Field Hall of Fame Annual Awards Banquet on September 07, 2013:
- Donald J. Paige Award (College Male Athlete of the Year - Division 1 Schools)
- Doriane Lambelet Award (College Female Athlete of the Year - Division 1 Schools)
- James D. Ulrich Award (College Male Athlete of the Year - Other Schools)
- jack Tupper Daniels Award (College Female Athlete of the Year - Other Schools)
- Trenton J. Jackson Award (High School Male Athlete of the Year)
- Cynthia J. Wyatt Award (High School Female Athlete of the Year)
- Bob Ivory Award (High School Coach of the Year)
- Charles H. Moore, Jr. Award (Team of the Year)
The 2013 awards are based on the 2012 - 2013 School year. For the College awards, the NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships marks the end of the of school year. For the High School awards, the USATF Junior Championships and New Balance Outdoor Nationals mark the end of the school year. Performances in Cross Country Running, Indoor (Winter) Track & Field, and Outdoor (Spring) Track & Field will be considered. Performances or participation in other sports will NOT be considered.
For more information and a nomination form see: Annual AwardsBack to top
The Trent Jackson Memorial Athletic Complex was dedicated on 08 October 2011 during halftime of the Franklin High School homecoming football game. Here are some news reports on the dedication:
- Field Dedicated to Rochester Sports Legend. From YNN Rochester (formerly R News), with a video clip (08 October 2011)
- Athletic Field Named After Rochester Sports Legend. Second story from YNN Rochester (formerly R News) (08 October 2011)
- Franklin High School Dedicates Athletic Complex. From News 8 in Rochester, NY, with a video clip (08 October 2011)
- Franklin High School Dedicates Athletic Complex. From WROC News 8 in Rochester, NY, with a video clip (08 October 2011)
- High School Field Dedicated To Rochester Sports Legend. From WHAM 13 (10/09/2011)
- Football field to be named for Franklin alum. From the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle (Oct. 5, 2011)
- Dedication of the Trent Jackson Memorial Athletic Complex
- Photo gallery from the dedication of the Trent Jackson Memorial Athletic Complex>
- Program from the dedication of the Trent Jackson Memorial Athletic Complex (PDF)
- Trent Jackson Memorial
Brian Risk has produced a book that demystifies mental conditioning and gives the coach and parents a step-by-step handbook to systematically implement the principles behind sport psychology into daily practice and every day life.
Co-Founder, Speed Dynamics
Founder, Velocity Sports Performance
Chief Performance Officer, Life University Sports Science Institute
This book is masterfully written. It is a must read for any serious coach or athlete interested in improving performance. I would strongly recommend this book be part of every coach's and athlete's library
Head Track & Field Coach, 2000 Canadian Olympic Team
Author of "The Science of Hurdling and Speed"
If you are to compete at the highest level or just to be at the top of your genetic potential Brian's book is an indispensable part of what the coach and athlete need to achieve that aim. Sportsmen need to prepare all parameters of performance and Brian has outlined and outfitted you to do just that. His approach covers masterfully in an easily digestible format what one needs to do and practice to allow that 5% to direct that 95% to its genetic best. All of what one needs to improve psychological performance is there. This is one book or in this case one course that the coach and athlete should not be without. Mental skills are attainable, but must be practiced the same as any physical skill. Let Brian help you to expand your ability to be the 100% complete athlete. This work is extremely well done.
Dr. R. Craig Poole
Head Coach Women's Track and Field and Cross Country, Brigham Young University
- Dr. Track Interviews Angela Williams, 2008 World Indoor 60 meter champion.
- Dr. Track Interviews Michael Ford, new coach of Jeremy Wariner.
Do you get our FREE This Day In Athletics Daily Newsletter? Get birth dates and records set today and every day sent to your inbox.
Do you get our FREE This Day In Athletics Weekly Newsletter? Get birth dates and records set during the coming week sent to your inbox. This newsletter is sent on Wednesday of every week.Sign-up for the FREE This Day In Athletics Daily Newsletter or This Day In Athletics Weekly Newsletter Back to top
Glass Dragon Digital Publishing is now offering Coaching Education articles in PDF format.See the Glass Dragon Digital Publishing web site. Available Articles at Glass Dragon Digital Publishing include:
- Training Theory - A Primer on Periodization by Dr. Marc R. Grosso in the April 27, 2006 edition of The Coach (published in England).
This article was reprinted in the July 2006 edition of Modern Athlete and Coach (published in Australia). It was also reprinted in the Spring 2006 edition of the IAAF Regional Development Center Bulletin for Beijing, China.
- Training Theory - Additional Considerations by Dr. Marc R. Grosso in the July 27, 2006 edition of The Coach (published in England).
This article was reprinted in the October 2006 edition of Modern Athlete and Coach (published in Australia).
- Developing An Athletics Training Program by Dr. Marc R. Grosso to the October 27, 2006 edition of The Coach (published in England).
This article was reprinted in the January 2007 edition of Modern Athlete and Coach (published in Australia).
- Brent McFarlane
- Brian Risk
- Dan Pfaff
- Tony Veney
- Cedric Walker
- Mike Thompson
- Bonnie Edmunson
- John Cissik, and
- Michael Holloway
Nominations for future classes of the Niagara Track & Field Hall of Fame may be submitted by any interested party. Contact the Hall of Fame Committee Chair, , to request nomination materials. Nominations may be submitted electronically.Back to top